Mending with Love
Creative Repairs for Your Favorite Things
Extend the life of well-worn, beloved pieces using these creative techniques.
Mending With Love shows you how to apply embroidery, patching, darning, felting, stamping and a little crochet to worn pieces of clothing or household items. Instead of stowing or throwing away damaged pieces that hold happy memories, you can employ these beautiful and sustainable ideas to give them a new life.
With this book, you'll learn how to:
- Repair knitted and woven fabrics
- Work with flat and curved surfaces
- Artfully repair comfy, well-made socks and gloves
- Make a statement with creative patching
- Fill in holes with roving using felting techniques
- Use embroidery to visibly mend frays or damage from the odd cat claw
- Apply other tips and techniques to torn, worn, or stained favorites
Creative as well as practical, mending is both a source of pleasure and an eco-friendly fashion statement. Instead of buying more stuff with less meaning, this method allows you to hold on to the things that have a special place in your heart. As "fast fashion" has rapidly expanded, mending has re-emerged as a popular, environmentally-friendly movement around the world.